Natania Barron is a writer with a penchant for the speculative; she is also an unrepentant geek. Her work has appeared in Weird Tales, EscapePod, The Gatehouse Gazette, Thaumatrope, Bull Spec, Crossed Genres, Steampunk Tales, Faerie Magazine, and in anthologies. She is also the founder of The Outer Alliance, a group dedicated to queer advocacy in speculative fiction. Recently, she joined the Bull Spec crew as a fiction editor. Her debut novel, Pilgrim of the Sky, released in December 2011 from Candlemark & Gleam. In addition, Natania also blogs for Wired Magazine’s GeekDad and is a senior editor at GeekMom.
Natania holds a BA in English/Writing from Loyola University Maryland and an MA in English with a concentration in medieval literature from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. In her spare time she cooks, bakes, drinks coffee, crochets, plays music, and enjoys nature. She lives in North Carolina with her family.
Published Short Fiction:
- “Dr. Adderson’s Lens” – Gatehouse Gazette #8/Bull Spec #1 (reprint)
- “The Brass Pedestal” - Steampunk Tales #4
- “Dead’s End to Middleton” – Crossed Genres #16, Steampunk Issue/ EscapePod 273
- “A Dear, Lovely Thing” – Faerie Magazine #20
- “The Monastery of the Seven Hands” – Dark Futures
- “The Wakened Image” – Weird Tales #356, collaborative poetry and art with Brigid Ashwood.
- “Sand” – Bull Spec #3 (in French, Spanish, and English)
- “Without a Light” – Fantastique Unfettered
- “The One in the Swamp” Shotguns v. Cthulhu, Stone Skin Press (forthcoming 2011)
- “Fish Eyes” – Bull Spec #8
- “Pushing Paper in Hartleigh” — Subversion: Science Fiction & Fantasy Tales Challenging the Norm (2011)
- Pilgrim of the Sky - December 2011, Candlemark & Gleam
- GEEKMOM: Projects, Tips, and Adventures for Moms and Their 21st Century Families – October 2012, Potter Craft (Crown, Random House) with Kathy Ceceri, Corrina Lawson, and Jenny Williams.